Privacy and Personal Informations
How we collect informations on Thumbeo
When you use the Thumbeo app, you provide us with two types of information: Personal information you knowingly choose to disclose, and information that we collect automatically as you interact with our mobile application.
- Registration: When you sign up on Thumbeo, you provide us with your name and email, and optionally with your profile photo. Once you register, you can visit your profile at any time to add or remove personal information. You can sign in to our application by creating an account or using social-networking services, such as Facebook.
- Profile: in order to create your profile we need you to insert information such as your first and last name. You can optionally insert a profile picture. If you choose to not upload any photo, a generic placeholder image is used instead. Only when creating a ride will you be asked for you car model and to verify your email. The car model and email verification is not necessary as long as the user does not use the ride creation feature. This data is important to improve your interaction with other users and security issues.
- Information: All information that is created and generated by you and others is stored. We cannot control what other users do with your information, so please use common sense regarding the information you include in your profile and provide to other users. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. We cannot control the actions of other users with whom you may choose to share your information.
What information we collect and how we use
We collect and use your information to provide and measure our services and improve them over time.
The information that we collect, from what you tell us and what we gather automatically, is used to customize the content you see, to improve our services, to contact you or to conduct advertising and research. We will share your personal information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this privacy statement. We do not sell your personal information to third parties.
Thumbeo has a number of services that may need your attention, regarding matters of information and interaction with other users:
- All Thumbeo can offer/create a ride (after having validated your email). In order to create a ride the user need to insert some extra information such like origin, destination, the start and end time, price, baggage size and if you want some tags that featuring the ride.
- Users can filter the offered rides using multiple filters like proximity, ranking of driver, origin, destination, tags, name of the driver and followed drivers.
- Thumbeo as no contract with these entities and will not be held responsible for what happens during the ride.
- Thumbeo will not be responsible for ride cancelling and does not assure that the information provided about the ride is accurate.
- Thumbeo provides a chat service that allows you to chat between all passengers that are in a ride, including the driver.
Thumbeo does not guarantee the truthfulness of the information shared by users and rides as this information is freely inserted on Thumbeo by Thumbeo users.
Be aware that Thumbeo does not have immediate control over user generated information, common sense should prevail when you wish to divulge your own personal information. You are solely responsible for any information given on Thumbeo , and for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Your Consent: We may share or disclose your information with your consent, such as when you use a third party web client or application to access your Thumbeo account.
Law and Harm: We may preserve or disclose your information if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety of any person; to address fraud, security or technical issues; or to protect Thumbeo rights or property.
Editing, deliting and storing information
You are allowed to edit and delete your personal information. If you delete your account all your data will be lost, to re-use the Thumbeo need to create a new account.
Sharing your information with third parties
If you choose to create a profile or submit information to include on the application, this information will, in fact, be available to users of the mobile application.
Furthermore, in certain situations described below, we will provide your personal identifying information to third parties:
- We may be required to disclose user information pursuant to lawful requests, such as subpoenas or court orders, or in compliance with applicable laws. Additionally, we may share account or other information when we believe it is necessary to comply with law, protect our interests or property, or prevent fraud or other illegal activity perpetrated through the application or using our name.
It is Thumbeo policy not to provide any personally identifying information about you to third parties without your consent.
Thumbeo, like other application, allows users to freely communicate among them. However, Thumbeo is not responsible for any user interaction and potential consequences that may occur from this interaction
Thumbeo aims to assure the security of your information:
Your e-mail and password are of your own responsibility. We strongly advise you not to divulge these two to anyone as with them anyone can access your personal account.
If you are under 13 years old we ask you NOT to use our application. Thumbeo will do an effort to seek and eliminate any profiles that are evidenced to be of children under 13 years. If you have knowledge of a situation like this one do not hesitate to contact us.